BASIC PSSA COURSE FOR All AUDIENCES
The Basic PSSA Course is designed to enable anyone, particularly personnel of private security service providers to gain basic understanding of key human rights and international humanitarian law standards and best practices. It also covers key aspects of the PSSA, including responsibilities emanating from it.
- Field personnel (e.g. security guards, team leaders, technicians, engineers)
- Management (e.g. senior management, planning officers, risk managers, compliance officers)
For the Basic PSSA Course, participants are required to do one module – Module 1: Overview of the PSSA, Human Rights, and International Humanitarian Law. As per the Swiss government’s requirements, the Module covers the following learning objectives:
- An understanding of the key human rights and IHL standards of relevance to security personnel
- An understanding of the link between security management and human rights
- An awareness of the responsibility to implement human rights in security management
- An awareness of the PSSA’s impact on the provision of security services, especially prohibited ones.
The Module is divided into 4 parts – Part 1 (the PSSA), Part 2 (Human Rights), Part 3 (International Humanitarian Law) and Part 4 (Complementarity of IHL and Human Rights). After each part, the learner takes a quiz designed to evaluate their understanding of the content before moving on to the next part. A certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the Course.
Mode of learning
The Basic PSSA Course may be taken online here, or in-person. To enroll for this Course, click here. To schedule a classroom-based session with our trainer, fill out the request form below, or contact us here.
- Basic PSSA Course for All Audiences
- Private Security Provider Courses
- Basic Private Security Provider Course
- Basic Plus Private Security Provider Course
- Advanced Private Security Provider Course
- Weapon Systems and Operational Support Course
- Basic Weapon Systems and Operational Support Course
- Advanced Weapon Systems and Operational Support Course
- Intelligence Gathering-Focused Course